Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Is "gold" the new craze?

When the rumors of an iPhone in gold came up, I have to be honest, I thought it was a joke. Sure enough, the rumors were spot on.

iPhone 5S now comes in three colors instead of the traditional two. Black has been replaced with space gray. Silver takes over instead of white. With the third being gold. In all the pictures I've seen, it looks more like a champagne color, but that's just me.

To add fuel to the fire, gold is the most demanded color too! Apple claims they have scarce supplies of the gold ones. Really Apple, really? It's just a color for your aluminum. Shouldn't be that difficult I would think.

Apple released the iPhone 5S along with it's cheaper and brighter counter part, iPhone 5C on September 20, 2013. Wouldn't you know it, Apple broke sales records again with over nine million dollars in sales that weekend. Impressive to say the least.

No one had expected the gold iPhone to be so popular. To counter that, Samsung has announced two colors of the Galaxy S4 with gold. Brown and pink phones with gold accents....let that soak in for a second. I'm not doubting they won't sell well. Especially because Samsung dominates the Android phone market. I just believe there are better colors other than brown and pink that compliment gold so much better. For instance, a black and gold phone would look sharp. Dare I say, down right gorgeous...if done well.

On to my negative news. It's time to say goodbye to Blackberry. The company has filed a buyout for $4.7 billion. It's unfortunate that the long lived Blackberry is coming to an end. I had a Tour and it was by far my favorite phone. The full QWERTY keyboard felt so good to type on. I blazed through emails and texts. With demand for iPhones and Androids, Blackberry was put on the back burner. They would stay there for years until finally calling it quits. Here's to you Blackberry. Cheers.

So what do you think of the Blackberry buyout? Will gold be on all our phones or is this just a fad? Let me know, in the comments below.

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment