Friday, February 21, 2014

MWC-Hola Mobile

Mobile World Conference is just days away!

What to expect? Samsung will most definitely unveil the Galaxy S5. Now if you know me or read my past posts, you know that I hate Samsung hardware. I'm hopeful that they finally step their game up to more high end materials. Also, all the talk of a more "simple" TouchWiz skin is good news. We'll have to wait and see.

I'm also hopeful for HTC's successor to the One. Sure, it's not going to be officially debuted at MWC, but shortly after it will. Thanks to @eveleaks, we've seen some legit images of the device. I've always been a fan of HTC hardware. The successor might look like the current model, and that's okay. It's a beautiful piece of technology. I'm just a stock Android kind of guy. Sense doesn't appeal to me. I suppose I could use Nova Launcher on it or something. Hmmmmm....haven't thought about switching my daily driver.

Nokia is also rumor to release the Nokia X or Project Normandy. With no access to the Play Store, this will be a hard sell to more developed markets. It's not targeted for those markets though. It's a low-range device for developing markets. I love Nokia! My first phone was a Nokia 3589i. This thing was awesome! I have a soft spot for Nokia, it's just a damn shame that they went with Windows. Especially since Microsoft is in the process of acquiring Nokia.

What do you think? Is it too late for Nokia? Should Microsoft give up on Windows Phone? What are you excited to see at Mobile World Conference? Let me know in the comments. Thanks!

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment